The CCF is excited to share the first issue of its quarterly newsletter. The Child & Family Forum will be used to share information about innovative child and family work that we are currently doing in Kansas and nationally, important findings from completed projects, recent publications, and events sponsored by the Center.
We hope that you will take a few minutes to read about our work and also pass the newsletter on to others in your agency or organization who may be interested.
In this issue, you can read about:
- How researchers are developing new ways to identify toxic stress in early childhood.
- The use of parent support services to help families facing adversity.
- The Kansas public-private-university partnership to reduce long-term foster care for children facing barriers to permanency.
- Work to improve school-based mental health services.
- Exploration of patient-center medical homes and outcomes important to patients in rural and frontier areas.
If you would like to receive the quarterly newsletter, please use the CCF mailing list sign-up block on the right side of the page. Please visit our homepage for more information about the Center, our staff, and current and past projects, and like our Facebook page (KU Center for Children & Families) to stay up to date on local and national child and family news and events.